This pledge relates to the way in which energy policy will be formulated once we have left the European Union. The UK is scheduled to leave the European Union on Friday 29 March 2019 at 11pm. The current plan is for a transition period to begin at that point to allow further time for businesses and civil society to prepare for changes to rules and regulations. The planned end point of the transition period is 31 December 2020.
Our verdict for this policy is ‘not started’, since the UK needs to leave the EU before any progress can be made in fulfilling this pledge. We’ll revisit this one after March 2019. Follow this policy for updates.
Want to read more?
- Energy policy now and the direction it’s headed – Gov.uk
- Industrial Strategy – Gov.uk
- Clean Growth Strategy – Gov.uk
- Policy Area: Energy – Gov.uk
- Department for Exiting the European Union – Gov.uk
- Brexit: All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU – BBC News