The government is working on preparing a strategy for this purpose, called the Integrated Communities Strategy, which will be supported with £50 million of government money. They are currently carrying out a consultation on its proposed plans and this is scheduled to finish on the 5th June 2018.
With the consultation ongoing, the plans have yet to come into effect. This policy is therefore considered as ‘in progress’.
- Integrated Communities Strategy green paper – Gov.uk
- Schools could be forced to ensure pupils mix with children from different backgrounds – tes
- Government announces new plans to strengthen British values in UK schools – The JC
- Schools dominated by single race or religion must teach British values, under new Government strategy – The Telegraph
- The Launch Of The Government’s Integration Strategy Defends The Rights Of Women Who Are On The Margins Of Society – Huffington Post
- Integrated Communities Strategy Green Paper March 2018 – Gov.uk