As international students are still part of the UK’s immigration statistics, this policy can be marked as ‘done’. But, it’s important to note that if the government changes its stance, removing students from its immigration statistics, this policy will then change to ‘broken’. Standby for more info on the direction the government takes!
- Theresa May defends plan to count foreign students in immigration data – The Independent
- International Students and Net Migration – Why Students should be counted as net migrants – Migration Watch UK
- Take foreign students out of immigration figures, business chiefs tell Theresa May – Evening Standard
- Theresa May under fire as student visa myth exposed – The Guardian
- PM urged to leave international students out of migration figures – The Guardian
- International student migration research update: August 2017 – Office for National Statistics